Sunday, November 9, 2014

One Day

One day I will wake up to the sun,
Shining through my window,
And I will put on a dress,
And I will drive to the beach,
And when I am there alone,
I will run,
And be free,
Without anyone watching,
Without society judging me,
I want to be free,
To run and to love,
To fight and keep fighting,
When push comes to shove,

One day I will wake up to the sound of thunder as it rains,
And I will run outside barefoot,
And go dancing in the rain,
And when I am there under the pouring sky,
I will cry,
And no one will see,
Because they are asleep,
And only the stars can see me,
I want to be free,
To dance in the rain,
To fight and keep fighting,
But still cry when I'm in pain,

One day I will wake up to a love song in my head,
I left my headphones in last night,
When I crawled into bed,
And when I hear the lyrics of the song I left on,
I will cry,
But then I will realize,
That I am over you now,
Because you weren't there for me,
I let the memories go,
And now I am free,
To run down the beach,
To dance in the rain,
To laugh out loud,
Because the memories are faded now,

One day I will wake up and remember you,
But I will not cry like I used to do,
Because I let myself go,
And now I am free,
But I still hang on,
To my memories,
And I will smile,
Because of the memories we made,
And I showed the world,
That I'm not afraid,
Not afraid to love,
But I want to be free,
And one day I let go,
Of the thing that was controlling me

No comments:

Post a Comment