Monday, March 2, 2015

My Family is a Rainbow

My family is a rainbow,
We are all different colors,
But yet, when we work together,
We can make something beautiful.


My family is a rainbow.
My dad is dark green,
Smart,
Funny,
Loving.
He can do so much and still has time to drive me everywhere I need to be,
Play a video game with my brother,
Tuck my little sister in at night,
And love us all,
No matter what mistakes we make.


My family is a rainbow.
My mom is indigo,
Caring,
Intelligent,
Comforting.
She laughs with me when I’m happy,
And cheers me up when I’m sad,
She understands what I go through and tries to help,
And she accepts whatever path I choose to take,
And will help me clean up the messes I make,


My family is a rainbow.
My younger brother is red,
Energetic,
Funny,
Noisy.
He can always come up with something funny to say,
He loves us no matter how much we tell him to stop quoting youtube videos,
He is always jumping around and dancing,
I envy how confident he is with himself,
But he can always stop dancing to give me a big hug when he knows I’m sad.


My family is a rainbow.
My little sister is yellow,
Happy,
Bubbly,
Vivacious,
Her blue eyes are always laughing,
She makes me remember what it was like to be a kid,
Full of wonder and imagination that has been let loose,
And she tells me she can’t wait to be as old as I am,
I wish she knew I want to be her age again,
And run free,
Laughing like she does.


My family is a rainbow.
But I don’t know what color I am.
Yet.
I’m facing the identity crisis that strikes at my age.
I’ll say I am blue.
I am strong,
Smart,
Special.
Everyone tells me that I am perfect,
And I should never change who I am.
And I don’t think I will.
Because I love who I am.
So I will be blue.
Until I figure out who I’m supposed to be.
Because I am everything.
Blue can be everything too.
It can be dark like the night sky,
it can be aqua like the sea,
Blue can be everything,
Blue can be me,
Until I figure out who I want to be.


My family is a rainbow,
Stretching across the sky,
Created by the sun,
That comes after any tears we cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment