Monday, August 24, 2015

I Will Join the Football Team

I will join the football team.
I will make myself proud.
I will impress someone.
I will work hard
And sweat
And be part of a team.
I will be happy.
Yes, I will be busy.
And stressed,
But I will be happy with who I am.
I'm going to join the football team.
Because today, I joined the conditioning program durring lunch (accidentally)
And it felt good
Even if it wasn't my team.
I'm going to join the football team
Because someone told me today to forget the haters and just play football
And that's what I plan to do.
I plan to get out there
Try my hardest
Get bruised
Have the best time of my life.
I will prove to everyone who says I can't do it:
Me
My parents
Everyone else.
I can do it
I will join the football team.
And I am smiling as I write this.
Planning in my mind what I will do to prove that I can do this.
I will do this.
I will join the football team.
And that is my choice
I love being part of a team
And running until I'm wheezing
And getting bruised
And proving myself to everyone who says I can't.
Because I am joining the football team
And I will be happy
And I will sit with the football team at lunch
And wear my football jersey in school.
I will walk like I own the world.
Because that is how I feel playing football.
And I am joining the football team.
I like being strong
I like being different.
I like being the girl on the football team.
And I will be.
Because I am joining the football team.
No matter what anyone says.
I will do this.
No matter what it takes.
I cried myself to sleep last night
When I wrote about not joining the football team.
I couldn't just walk away like that.
Tonight, I will go to sleep happy,
Knowing that I will be who I want to be.
I will be the girl on the football team.
I will join the football team.
And that is my final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment