Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm Still Allowed To

I'm still allowed to wear a flower crown and run around barefoot in the woods.
I'm still allowed to put on a dress and a crown and pretend I'm a princess.
I'm still allowed to pretend the school bus is a rocket ship just like we did in kindergarten.
I'm still allowed to be who I want to be and not conform into what people want me to be.
I'm still allowed to swing as high as I can on a swing, jump off, and feel like I'm flying for a few heartbeats until I land, sprawled on the ground.
I'm still allowed to have boys as friends but not have them be my "boyfriend".
I'm still allowed to watch that cartoon I watched as a kid just to remember.
I'm still allowed to try new things to figure out who I am and who I'm going to be.
I'm still allowed to run to my mom and dad when I need a hug.
I'm still allowed to tell these jokes, even though you're not here to laugh.
I'm still allowed to wish on stars that fall out of this sky just like I did under a sky miles away in a life that is years behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment